The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among
the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership Worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The AU is a continental body composed of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as the successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999).
In seeking to attain this objective, the African Union intends to build its capacity to deliver, among others, the implementation of its organizational structure
Position 1 – Senior Salary and Benefits Officer
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support for the effective management of staff compensation and benefits and data validation of payroll processing to achieve the objectives of the AU
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
Master’s Degree in Human Resources management, Financial Management or Accounting with at least 7 years progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years at supervisory role preferably in international organization.
Or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources management, Financial Management or accounting with at least 10 years progressively responsible experience in payroll administration out of which 3 years at supervisory role in preferably international organization.
Professional certification in finance related qualifications from a recognized institution will be an added value.
Sound knowledge of at least one payroll system is mandatory.
At least 4 years of experience in processing payroll is mandatory;
Professional certification from recognized HR institutions such as SHRM-CP, CIPD or equivalent are an added value.
Professional certification from recognized accounting institutions such as ACCA or equivalent are an added value
Management and supervisory Skills
Interpersonal and negotiation skills
Change management and strategic thinking skills
Planning and organizational skills
Research and analytical skills
Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural environment
Knowledge and working understanding of Microsoft office suite and AU software
Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, processes and standards
Report writing, communication and presentation skills
Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Position 2 – Internship
Purpose of the Internship
The African Union Internship Program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience through The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU. As an organization which promotes respect for diversity and team work, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for effective implementation of African Union programmes, projects and activities in its below Department/Directorates:
– Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
– Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
– Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
– Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
– Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
– Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
– Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
– Human Resources Management (HRM)
– Operations Support Services
– Management Information Systems Division
– Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
– Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
– Office for Safety and Security Services
– Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
– Medical and Health Services
– Financial Control Unit
– Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
– Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
– Quality Assurance and Control
– Ethics, Integrity and Standards
– Office of the Secretary to the Commission
– Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
– Office of Protocol
– Partnership and Resource Mobilization
– Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
– Information and Communication
– Peace Fund Secretariat
– New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
NB:-Whenever you are looking for jobs in Ethiopia, just remember Elelanajobs.
For More updates Join Our Official Telegram Channel