Economic Commission for Africa External Vacancy Announcement
Position – Shippment Assistant
At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of logistics/business administration, IT is required. Experience in the application of UN’s internal procurement policies, processes and procedures in relation to Logistics would be an asset
Under the direct supervision of the Shipping Unit Supervisor and the overall direction of the Chief of Section, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Handled all inbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/HHG and
– Processing all outbound shipments of official goods and staff members PE/lIHG and
– Briefing new international staff members joined the secretariat for their privileges and
– Maintain duty free privileges according with host country agreement between Ethiopia
– and United Nations and Staff rules
– Clear and delivery conference equipment and press equipment during for various
– meeting at UNECA
– Handles the dispatch ing of various conference materials and documents in connection
– with staff members traveling on of official mission.
– Arrange insurance coverage through UNHQ, NY, Geneva or Vienna for outbound
– Arrange insurance claim when damage and lost reported.
– Processing inbound delivery in UMOJA when original shipping documents received.
– Advise and provide explanation on any query raised by international staff members on
– the duty free privileges for the importation of HHG and vehicle.
– Process payment for invoice coming from Shipping agents and air carriers for the
– service rendered.
– Solicit quotations for potential and recognize clearing Agent.
– Assist in the preparation of accounts. statistics and other statements relating shipping
– Management of petty cash
– Assist international staff and local staff members on their mission trips at Bole Airport
Deadline: June 04/2023
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Excellent English writing ability is a must. Knowledge of French or another official United Nations language is an advantage
NB:-Whenever you are looking for jobs in Ethiopia, just remember Elelanajobs.
For More updates Join Our Official Telegram Channel