The Maps team is looking for a talented and passionate software engineer to help develop the next generation of community services. Join us in building the scalable infrastructure that drives crowdsourced improvements to the Maps experience.
- Experience developing scalable web services and infrastructure
- Familiarity programming in Java and Scala
- Understanding of ETL (extract, transform, load) and integrating with multiple data systems
- Excellent communication skills
As an engineer woking on Maps Community services, your primary responsibility will be backend server software development for the services that power our data crowdsourcing efforts. You’ll be part of a small team working in Java and Scala to add new features and improve our core infrastructure, leveraging best-of-breed frameworks for scalable distributed computing. Working in this role will have you involved with every corner of the Maps problem space, from the backend data systems to the front end services and applications, so strong communications skills are a must.
BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with geographic information systems
- Experience with interfacing with business intelligence systems
- Passion for crowdsourcing technologies
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.