The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development
World Bank Group External Vacancy Announcement
Position 1 – Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
Qualification,Experience & Skills
At least a master’s degree in water resources, hydrology, hydraulics, sanitation, environment, civil engineering, economics, or a related discipline with a focus on water management.
Recognized technical, operational, and/or policy-oriented expertise, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. This experience may include work in governments, academia, private sector, consulting firms, and/or bi/multilateral institutions.
Knowledge of water supply and sanitation services delivery (WSS), utility/institutional reform and public-private partnerships, sector coordination and policy dialogue, private sector participation and pro-poor strategy and program development.
Prior work experience and results on the ground and hands-on experience with Government counterpart agencies.
Ability to think innovatively and strategically in dealing with technical and/or policy issues while maintaining a strong client focus;
Effective verbal, analytical and written communication skills in English, and a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documents and analytical reports;
Knowledge of cross-cutting issues related to the water sector: climate change, environmental and social issues, inclusion, and poverty reduction.
Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work and coordinate activities for cross sector work, outside the Water GP.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Water Specialist will report to the Practice Manager and will support the water task team in the portfolio and pipeline preparation for the water and sanitation program in Ethiopia and at the same time, carry out strategic tasks related to the water program across the Country Management Unit.
The responsibilities will include:
Support the task team and the Country Management Unit on various aspects of the water program in Ethiopia including pro-actively following up to address matters as they come up.
Co-lead and/or contribute to operations led by water or other GPs (both under implementation and preparation);
Coordinate activities under the Ethiopia water program with other members of the water team. This would include proactively identifying solutions to enhance development impact, including innovations.
Coordinate capacity building activities to the client under the Ethiopia water program with other members of the water team to ensure adherence to fiduciary and safeguard requirements.
Contribute to the Water GP’s global knowledge and operational platforms, ensuring that the Water GP globality is maintained. Also, incorporating the Water GP’s strategy in the Ethiopia program through – Sustaining Water Resources; Delivering Services (water supply and irrigation); and Building Resilience.
Collaborate with other GPs, given the cross-sectoral nature of water. The Water GP provides support to other GPs in the Ethiopia program, including with the Education, Health, Social Protection, Urban, Transport, Agriculture and Environment GPs.
Contribute as a team member of strategic analytical, advisory services, including policy and regulatory development along with technical assistance linked to enhancing operational engagements.
Co-lead discussions with client engagement on matters related to the portfolio and business development.
Co-lead the preparation and implementation of regular and interim implementation review & support missions, follow up and support implementation of agreed actions.
Engage with donors and development partners to coordinate support to the government on water matters.
Assist the Practice Manager on matters related to the Ethiopia work program as needed.
Provide cross-support to activities in other countries in the region and SAEW2 unit upon request and agreement with Practice Manager.
Ability to travel to project areas in short notice
Click Here To Apply
Position 2 – Associate Investment Officer
Qualification,Experience & Skills
Master’s in Business Administration or Finance, or a Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or other relevant field, in each case with a significant level of finance content.
• Four (4) to six (6) years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets, ideally in the infrastructure space.
• Familiarity with the Africa region, including hands-on work across different countries in the region.
• Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values.
• Understanding of IFC’s strategic priorities and changing business model against the backdrop of IFC 3.0.
• Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
• Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
• Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
• Experience in project / program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
• Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects / programs / initiatives.
• Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills in English required; French, Portuguese, Arabic and/or Amharic desirable.
Click Here To Apply
NB:-Whenever you are looking for jobs in Ethiopia, just remember Elelanajobs.
For More updates Join Our Official Telegram Channel